activeXpress offers customized and tailored Corporate Wellness programs throughout South Africa. Our programs have a strong focus on tangible outcomes and Return on Investment (ROI) to the sponsors. Our programs do not only cater for the 'unhealthy', no matter how healthy or active one is, our programs will help your employees keep motivated and covers all aspects of one's wellness.
BENEFITS OF HAVING A CORPORATE WELLNESS PROGRAM:
- Reduce health risks
- Cope with stress and other challenges
- Understand and plan for financial wellness
- Reduce medical and healthcare costs
- Improve productivity
- Reduce absenteeism
- Reduce the incidence and severity of chronic health conditions
BASED ON YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WE WILL DESIGN A PROGRAM TO GET YOU THE BEST OUTCOMES. THE AREAS WE FOCUS ON:
Lifestyle management program is defined as a structured, action-oriented health promotion initiative designed to help individuals improve their health, reduce health risks and promote healthy behaviors. Lifestyle management programs can target a range of different health concerns and areas, such as physical activity, stress, smoking and nutrition. They are used in a variety of different settings, however most commonly in workplaces and community or public health initiatives.
EXERCISE ON THE GO:
Exercise improves a person's physical status and quality of life. Through individualized assessment and exercise prescription in the dual context of clinical pathology (acute and chronic) and performance enhancement. Our Biokineticists use individually prescribed exercise as a way of preventing medical disorders related to insufficient physical activity and/or for rehabilitating injuries and disease.
- Disease prevention by reducing the risk factors for chronic disease
- Using physical exercise for people with chronic diseases: obesity, heart disease, osteoporosis, diabetes etc. to accomplish final-phase rehabilitation
- Fostering elite performance in sport on the basis of comprehensive fitness assessments, individualized, sport and specific exercise programs and ongoing monitoring
EXERCISE IN THE WORKPLACE:
Imaginative office exercise ideas that will diminish muscle tension, back problems and fatigue. Also, find out how to layout your work space, to prevent repetitive stress injuries. Exercising in your office is about making life easier for employees.
HEALTHY FOOD AND EATING PROGRAMS:
Many researchers believe that Chronic Health problems are partly related to diet. While they used to believe that diseases such as type II diabetes, obesity, heart disease, stroke, and certain cancers were caused by a single gene mutation, they are now generally attributing these conditions to a network of biological dysfunctions. The food we eat is an important factor in that dysfunction, in part because our diets lack the necessary balance of nutrients (Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, 2004).
Coping refers to a comprehensive understanding of one's situation as well as the impact or effect thereof on oneself and the people around you. The coping skills program will give employees a comprehensive understanding and tools to deal with life’s challenges.
Employees who are financially sound and without significant money worries at home are happier and more focused on the job at hand. A growing number of companies have discovered that they can build employees' loyalty, increase their productivity and improve their job satisfaction by providing programs that help them achieve financial wellness.
USING INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY:
Curo Health is proud to introduce the Healthy Patient Wellness Management Program. This is a diverse program that includes features to keep each employee not only actively involved but that will promote team work and socialization between departments.
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Personalized team challenges (Each employee can set up his/her own team challenge. Team challenges encourage participation as well as camaraderie among employees. Team challenges can include walking track challenges (using intelligent health devices), Cycling, Running, Squash, Swimming, Weight loss, Cross Fit, Heart challenge (reducing cholesterol or BP), Specific chronic condition challenge (example Diabetes challenge) and more.)
- Tracks activity, measures sleep and nutrition (These include devices that the employee might even already use like Fitbit, Pebble, Jawbone and more.)
- Department challenges can also be added
For example the HR department challenging the finance department to daily complete 1 lap on the walking track. A numbering system shows progress and participation.
For more information please email email@example.com.